Monday, May 11, 2015

Historic Bangrak, food tasting and culture

South East Asia is the hub of the world for street food - in my opinion anyway. There is always something colourful, creative, strange and yummy being cooked on a corner somewhere. Sold for next to nothing and guaranteed to satisfied (but do be careful - be smart when buying and consuming street food - If others are eating from there, and its busy, its probably good - have a look around and check out how things are being handled/prepped - common sense will keep you tummy full and happy).

I love food - just because I choose to be vegan, doesn't mean I hate food - I LOVE IT! i love the smells, the colours, flavours and tastes (maybe its the French in me?)

So, after taking several strolls through the food markets, i decided to do a walking tour... why not. I love walking and meeting people and i love food - put the two together, right?

I booked through - Bangkok Food Tours. work up your appetite before hand. It's 1150 Baht ($45 AUD) which sounds a little steep, but you get soooooooo much food! if you're on a budget it may be tight, and walking around the markets would suffice.

The tour guide is great. You get a good mix of the weird and yummy. They also cater to Veggie heads like me!

I did the Bangrak tour - its the older section of the city and really interesting! i had a great time and the group I was with were really fun!

http://bangkokfoodtours.com/bang-rak-food-and-cultural-walking-tour/












No comments:

Post a Comment