Monday, July 20, 2015

Going gaga for Yaiya

This has to be one of my most favourite places in Thailand! Yaiya Resort in Hua Hin. My friend, Kath and I, booked a one bedroom private villa, twin share.

AMAZING!

We had a beautiful roof top plunge pool and pavilion with day bed, bar, sun bed. A massive marble bath and walk in robe... It was incredible. The beds were comfy and had private netting (although it wasn't needed, ore for show) and the daily room service was spot on!

The owner of the hotel, personally greeted us, I even did some yoga classes with her. All the staff were amazing and friendly. They went out of their way to make sure our stay was amazing... I really mean that too. We may have had a small episode of too much sun ( OK we got fried when we went out on a day trip to an island...) the staff went out of their way to get us painkillers and after sun lotion as well as giving us a special aftersun day spa treatment. I couldn't fault the service - which is why Im heading back there next year with the rest of my family.

Hua Hin is a beautiful part of Thailand. Its not over populated with travellers and it has a really laid back vibe to it. I have been told it is where the Thai royals go to holiday - so there are a few upmarket hotels, just outside of town, but there are also cheaper options in town.

There is always a night market on with massive a mounts of food and trinkets to collect. The town is great to explore, I felt very safe and I found it very easy to get around!

Can't wait to go back next year!