Saturday, April 28, 2012

Nutting it out...

I wasn't too sure what to expect as I pulled off the main road, onto a dirt track, past some cows grazing in their paddocks. It reminded me of my childhood living on the farm, a wave of nostalgia washed over me and it was nice. I love being in the country.

I passed some cows that were free-ranging and bathing in the suns rays, before turning at the little sign to direct me to the Yarramalong Macadamia Nut Farm. What a spectacular place. Living here, and waking up to the beauty of the native surrounds and soft breeze everyday must be heaven!

The macadamia trees form a magical forest, one that you use to dream of playing in when you were a child, everything here is so enchanted.

The main house - which serves as the Firefly Bistro is modest and ever so welcoming. A small balcony overlooks the sloping hill side of the farm, whilst another, nestles you into the Australia rain forest/bush with tall tower blue gumtrees and the soft hmm of nature.

The staff here are ever so friendly and welcoming, making sure that all your needs are met. The food to pick from is light, tasty and, has a high attention to detail.

I could have sat quietly on the back porch for hours - if I brought a good book, or just watching nature do it's 'thing'. Then casually stroll through the farm exploring the enchanted nut forest.

When people talk about 'hidden' places to visit, The Yarramalong Macadamia Nut Farm is one of them.

I purchased some macadamias - how could I resist, and used them that afternoon in my Vegan Raw cacao truffles, and they tasted amazing!