Monday, April 1, 2013

Life Organic - Food heaven on earth!

Before arriving in Hong Kong I did a small amount of research - searching for Vegan cafes and restaurants. I was told that Hong Kong has some of the best food in the world, so I didn't want to pass up on any opportunity.

As it turns out, I became so incredibly addicted to this one cafe that I didn't have much time to try much else.

So I have dedicated an entire post just to this cafe. I had two breakfasts here, one lunch and two dinners.

Life Organic Cafe

They are Vegetarian and organic but cater for Vegan, Raw and Gluten Free diets.

The food is AMAZING! I was like a little kid in a candy shop - My eyes constantly darting between the other customers dishes as they came out - I wanted to try it all.

Looking over the menu - I was excited to see so many 'V's' next to the food. So many Vegan options. Its refreshing to know that in this menu I can pick from anything and it is Vegetarian, but to know that I have more than 3 Vegan options - blew my mind!

Breakfast - go the Organic Quinoa porridge (Rayns had this and loved it). I'm pretty sure Jarreth had the Croque Madame (just because it had a french name) and devoured it! I went with the Vegan version of the Life Breakfast with Scrambled Tofu! YUM. Cost? $240HKD (which is about $30 AUD for the three of us).

Lunch - I went back by myself and indulged in the Raw Power Zucchini grated carrot, organic pumpkin seed pesto, chinese chives, sun dried & fresh tomato, almond cheese and garlic oil (All ingredients in this dish are raw). Then I followed it up with a sugar free, vegan and gluten free Organic Chocolate Tofu Mousse Cake... I know what you're thinking - What is left to put in it if all the sugar and dairy is taken out... IT IS AMAZING! I would go back to Hong Kong just for this dessert! OH And the steamed lavender soy milk! YUM! (Lunch was about $235HKD - $28AUD)

Dinner - Try the Tea Smoked Eggplant Dip, Sweet Potato Fries with chili & herb salt and roasted garlic tofunaise dip and the Organic Hummus Dip for starters. Then move into a delicious temptation of choices... The vegan Life Organic Burger, salads and stir-fries will all satisfy any rumbling tummies!

Life Organic is located in Soho (I love this part of Hong Kong) but if has recently moved to 50 C Johnston Road Wanchai.

It also has a small 'Deli' take-away section, so - you can eat good food while on the run too!