Sunday, March 11, 2012

If music be the food of.....

Recently, Hamilton in Newcastle, played host to the Hamilton Food and Music Festival. After dropping by the Newcastle Caravan and Camping show, we headed off to Beaumont street to check out what was going on!

It was packed full of people, enjoying the lovely summer rays and browsing the market stalls. The fragrances that drifted in the air, of all the different food stalls, made your mouth water and pulled you in the direction to each food stall. Salivating at the goodies on offer, it was challenging not to try everything - will power kicked in, although I did nibble at a few taste testings on offer. 

Although it was a 'food and music' festival, we didn't eat here (it was too noisy for me to hear anything and I couldn't communicate with the people I was with) ...so, a quick car ride down to Darby street and we were feasting at Frankie's Place... who have CAMPOS coffee! Frankie's Place has amazing food, great - that's GREAT - coffee, and amazing friendly staff! My Gluten free, veggie diet was catered for and I left with a full belly, and a caffeine hit that saw me buzz the afternoon away.